but man, the fat content in avocados is crazy high! 1 cup of pureed avocado has a whopping 35 grams of fat. Granted, it's not as unhealthy of a fat as some, but still...it's fat and calorie dense.
Asparagus, on the other hand, has "0" fat. Yay! And you know what, even people who hate asparagus usually like this recipe I'm about to give you, and have no clue that it's not just regular guacamole.
Taste of Home Asparagus Guacamole
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato (you can also use a chunky salsa, but drain it if it's very watery)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted raw vegetables and tortilla chips
Directions:Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain; place asparagus in a blender or food processor. Add onion and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
In a bowl, combine tomato, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, cilantro, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the asparagus mixture until blended. Serve with vegetables and chips. Refrigerate leftovers; stir before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Check out these nutrition facts:
* One serving:
* (1/3 cup guacamole)
* 2 g
* Saturated Fat:
* 0 g
* 2 mg
* 240 mg
* 5 g
* 1 g
* 3 g